Thursday 17 July 2014

IT'S BEEN A LONG OLD JOURNEY AND I'VE FINALLY REACHED THE START...

After years of trying to be published traditionally, and several false dawns and near misses, I finally bagged a book deal. It's the boost I needed at the perfect time as it's been a somewhat frustrating experience and my head was turned numerous times by the successes of some self-published friends. However, I resisted because deep down I yearned for that validation of a "Yes" from a publisher.

I'd just like to thank my many supportive friends and the readers who offered feedback, which spurred me on in dark times. And, of course, a big thanks for the faith shown in my writing by Darren Laws, the head honcho at Caffeine Nights Publishing, who will publish my first novel, MY KIND OF JUSTICE, later next year.

Now, with impeccable synchronicity, the sun is shining in 'rainy' Manchester and I'm off to Harrogate Crime Festival to celebrate!  

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you've made it, Col - well deserved. :)

marion

Unknown said...

Cheers, Marion. x

Unknown said...

Apologies to those of you who tried to comment. I've just tweaked Blogger's settings so hopefully it helps.

Chris Alliniotte said...

Congratulations, Col! Well deserved. I'll be looking forward to it!

Anonymous said...

I just can't tell you how happy I am for you.Best of luck! The sky is the limit.

Jeanette Cheezum

Lily Childs said...

Best news I've heard this year. Huge congratulations Col; so very well deserved.

Really proud of you, my friend, and can't wait to read it.

xx

Author said...

Incredibly good news. But I always had faith in you and knew it was inevitable. Sink a pint for me Col.

liz young said...

Well done Col. Did you notice I said that with a Manchunian accent? I bet you're glad you stuck to your guns.

Alan Griffiths said...

Terrific news and well deserved, Col. Looking forward to reading your novel. Best Wishes, Alan.

Kate Pilarcik ~ absolutely said...

Yes. Stars are in alignment. You can't bury the Bury.

This beloved author man was made for the Soar. Harrogate with Gusto, Col. (If Joe Gusto's not there -- find a few hundred other worthy word-minded authorfolk) *clink* to them thar pints, mate.

~ Way past chuffed for ya
and those percolatin' publishers
~ Absolutely*Kate

Crybbe666 said...

Well done, Col - a well deserved reward for great writing and hard work. Looking forward to seeing it!!

Unknown said...

Thank you all for your tremendous support, which has spurred me on to this point. Just back from Harrogate Crime Festival, so feeling a bit jaded (self-inflicted).

The support and encouragement there was fantastic too. ;-)

Clare said...

Can only endorse what the others wrote, Col - you truly deserve this break. It's been a long time coming but that just makes it all the sweeter. Glad you stuck to your guns and believed in yourself - the fastest, easiest option is rarely the best. Look forward to reading it.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Clare. You're one of the people who backed me from the start. x