Thursday 14 October 2010

Ian Rankin interview... over at author, Nicola Morgan's blog...

UK's number one crime novelist, Ian Rankin, creator of 'Rebus', gives some cracking insights into how he struggled to make it to the very top (not Rebus - Rankin!). A must-read for all aspiring crime writers - well, any writers actually - over at author Nicola Morgan's blog. Nicola has a wealth of knowledge on writing and the publishing industry, and regularly offers pertinent advice. Have a nosey here...

5 comments:

Sean Patrick Reardon said...

What a find. Thanks for the heads up on Nicola's blog. I'm now following it. Ashamed to say that I have not read any of Ian Rankin's novels, but most certainly will. I am a huge fan of Colin Dexter's "Morse" novels and the series. John Thaw was the man. One of these daysi am going to "The Sweeney" DVD's. Maybe it's because I'm from the US, but I find the UK crime writing style much more interesting and entertaining.

Helen Baggott said...

Not into gritty crime, but love your Blog!

Unknown said...

Sean,
Yeah, I know what you mean. Think it's because it's something different, like American crime is for me.

Helen,
Thanks for the compliment!

Regards,
Col

Paul Grzegorzek said...

Good find mate, thanks for the heads up...

Unknown said...

You're welcome, Paul.
Nice to have you over 'ere, bud.