Friday 16 October 2009

Col Bury's Crime Fiction Choice

It's time for my next three selections of shorts from across the net that have caught my eye for one reason or another.

Col Bury's Crime Fiction Choice #4
THINE IS THE KINGDOM by Lee Hughes

Over at Thrillers, Killers 'n' Chillers is part ten of Lee's epic horror yarn ('horror?' you ask in horror - click the title of this post for my Choice criteria) with an ever-growing body count and tension to die for (he-he). Having read them all, I'm well n truly hooked. Here's the link to all ten if you prefer - The Osseus Box - but they all work well as cracking stand alone pieces.

Col Bury's Crime Fiction Choice #5
OLD AGE AND TREACHERY by Alan Griffiths

If you fancy some 'Brit Grit' gansta fun then look no further than Al's top tale over at the Flash Fiction Offensive. A fast flowing piece with lingo as good as it gets to more than satisfy all noir fans.

Col Bury's Crime Fiction Choice #6
FASHION VICTIM by Lily Childs

You want gore? You want imagery? You wanna see the last foray of a catwalk model with a troubled mind? Then check out this crime-cum-horror piece of flash at TKnC.
To learn more about what makes Lily tick click here.

Ps. The Brits have had a good run so far. Americans next!

5 comments:

Lee Hughes said...

Cheers Col, glad you're enjoying them! I write them just for you, honest, mate!

Alan Griffiths said...

Thanks very much for the review Col and glad you enjoyed the tale. Also, thanks for highlighting the other stories, which I and other people may have missed first time around - great idea.

Anonymous said...

hmmm...looks like I need to write something for the American side! Great links here though! =D

Unknown said...

Lee,
I'm hooked, mate.

Al,
As soon as I read it I knew it would feature in my choices.

Sara,
Nice to see you over here. Get writing!

Paul D Brazill said...

Damn good stories all of em!