Tuesday 29 March 2011

New Writer Promo... follow Jim!

One thing I've noticed, is that not everyone of us lovers of writing 'n' reading has as big a 'virtual gob' as the likes of little old me! Some writers are simply just shy and, despite their talent, don't seem to get noticed as much as they should. Please read on...

One of these guys is a modest chap, I've previously nicknamed, 'Gentleman Jim', when he was over here on my Guests' Crime Fiction Choice feature not so long ago. Jim Wilsky is a central Illinois native with a lifelong passion for writing and storytelling. His stories are damn good too, and well worth a nosey.

Jim emailed me to say he had a story up over at the popular ezine, Beat to a Pulp. What got me, was the fact Jim said, "I don't have a wide circle of writing friends yet, so I thought I'd ask what one of my blog's two followers thought of my story BIG CAT."

Well, Jim, I say to you, "Roar a little louder, buddy!" and to everyone else...
Let's show Jim that we don't bite! Check out the excellent BIG CAT at Beat to a Pulp, and please feel free to follow Jim at his blog Word Counts.

Ps. Jim, don't forget to post the cheque! :-)

9 comments:

Author said...

Good call, Col.

Unknown said...

Col,

I’m pretty much speechless. I did not expect this and certainly don’t deserve it. You’ve been nothing but golden since we ran across each other and now I’m starting to feel like I’ll never be able to repay all the kindness and support shown.

It’s not really a matter of being shy, because I’m anything but that most of the time. I think it has to do with a certain lack of confidence I have that people will like what I’m writing. In addition, I just have the old rural Midwest blood and upbringing of being easy going, unassuming and yeah, somewhat reserved. I know that sounds corny.

Well, I guess that’s soft pedaling it though. I should really just say it. We’re flat out, plain boring white bread, compared to the west and east coast. It really is an odd thing and I think other people would tell you that too. Most folks from the Midwestern U.S. are just a little different. Not any better and definitely not worse – just different. With all that rigmarole being said I will do my level best to be a little more outgoing and not so damn vanilla.

Once again though, I can’t express my gratitude enough. I’ll keep writing, that’s all I can do right now. But I’ll also try to turn up the volume a little and stop standing in corner of the room.

The very best to you Col. - Jim

Unknown said...

Jim,

You're more than welcome, fella.

And there's no need to 'repay' me! If aspiring writers can't look out for each other, then it's time to pack up.

Stick at at, bud.

Best,
Col

David Barber said...

Jim seems a really sound bloke. I read his story at BTAP at the weekend and was very impressed. I was his other follower but it certainly won't be long before the floodgates open. He a talented bloke and I look forward to reading more of his writing. Hopefully he will have something for me over at the FFO.

Nice shout out, Big Gob! I could hear you in Scotland! Haha!

Sean Patrick Reardon said...

Col- Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to reading Jim's writing and checking out his blog.

Jim- Keep on writing man!

Anonymous said...

Good call! Excellent story and I look forward to reading more from Jim. Its great to see writers helping one another out.

Unknown said...

Cheers for the comments and for following Jim.

Unknown said...

Oh, n Dave, yer cheeky git! :-)

Annie (Lady M) x said...

Yep,I am gonna pop over and read his offering.... ta for the recommendation me dear x