I recently received two more blog awards to add to one I got a while ago. People have varying views on such awards, from the cynical - it's just friends buttering each other up - to - the awardee genuinely being delighted. Personally I take the balanced view that it's just a bit of fun. But being a 'glass half full' type of chap, it's always nice to be given a pat on the back while being recognised by people you respect. So many thanks to Lost Wanderer, Essygie and Matt Hilton. To see who I've awarded and to view my seven 'interesting' facts just read on...
Now I'm obliged to do the following in order to accept the award(s):
* 1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
* 2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
* 3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
* 4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
* 5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
* 6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
* 7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
Seven things about me:
* 1. I once had 8-ball pool trials for England.
* 2. I'm left-handed and recently broke it playing football!
* 3. I've won three online writing competitions in the last year.
* 4. Other than online, my first published story features next year in the anthology EVEN MORE TONTO STORIES.
* 5. Family-wise I'm the youngest of three siblings and I'm married to my soul mate, Mandy, and we have two wonderful children.
* 6. I work in the Public Sector.
* 7. I'm a season ticket holder at Manchester City FC ("BLUE MOON...you saw me standing alone...!!!").
* Bonus fact... I once came second in a Robert Redford lookalike competition...A brunette won it!
Sorry, but I had to hold back the 'juicy' ones! Maybe some other time.
Now for the hard bit of picking seven bloggers I admire...hard only because there's loads I admire. I've awarded some before, who'll remain exempt, so here goes...
* 1. David Barber - David Barber's Fiction World for efforts in rekindling his writing after years out of the game.
* 2. Mike Wilkerson - Writing The Hard Way for showing grit and determination after recent setback.
* 3 Stuart Wheatman - Tonto Books for his loyalty to the promotion of new writers while running a successful independent publishers and battling the big boys.
* 4 Alan Griffiths - Brit Grit he describes himself as a 'rookie' writer, but I always love popping over to read his gritty stuff.
* 5 Lily Childs - Lily Childs Feardom her world of horror and gripping stories are well worth a nosey...if you're not too scared that is!
* 6 Jane Smith - How Publishing Really Works for keeping the writer abreast of the world of publishing in a refreshingly honest voice.
* 7 Nicola Morgan - Help! I Need A Publisher! fascinating insights and words of wisdom for all wannabe writers authors alike.