Thursday 7 May 2009

My latest short story, THE OAK TREE, over at TKnC...

My latest short story entitled, THE OAK TREE, has been brewing for a long while and is extremely personal to me. I chose the first person point of view - a rarity for me - for immediacy and because it was so very close to home. It's more a mystery tale than my usual crime.

If you fancy checking it out then just click on the link to my short stories on the top right or the Thrillers, Killers N Chillers link from the website list, bottom right.

I do hope you enjoy it - let me know...
Regards,
Col

4 comments:

essygie said...

hey Col - it's a great story!

Paul D Brazill said...

I'll have a look later on.Looking forward to it.

Unknown said...

Cheers, Essygie.

Paul, hope you like it.

Unknown said...

I'd like to thanks all the below for your comments...

Writers News Talkback.
Comment Author LilyC: Powerful stuff. I could see it all. And feel it.

Facebook.
Sarah Harris: Read the Oak Tree today and was nearly in tears in parts. Whats scary is I had funny feelings like that when my Grandad and Uncle died woke up just before the phone rang - spooky. But seriously good reading xxx

Paul Durham at 04:46 on 07 May
Very good, different to the others i have read. I enjoyed it :o) thanks

Peter Mercer 07 May at 19:25
the oak tree. i think you told me this story once.it touched me then as it has done now.reading your stuff makes me change the way i am constructing my sentencing to you -they're now is influenced by col bury.
good work my boy.

Email:
Clare, Just read your latest on your blog - what a beautiful piece of writing that somehow achieves a balance between over-sentimental and impersonal - a really lovely piece of work which literally brought tears to my eyes.
Your writing (and your self-confidence?) seems to be coming on in leaps and bounds - you're demonstrating such versatility in your writing now that every new piece is a genuine surprise and delight.
Be very proud of yourself Col - all that hard work is starting to pay off for you.

IG, Impressed by your last one, re my comment on the website.